Trying to get rid of dirt

Page 2 of 3

It's also a good idea to trim away all those useless quotes that had no bearing on your reply.
nb

The guy is either a f*cking idiot, or a f*cking troll.
Either way, he's not worth the time and effort to respond to.
(BTW, this is a response to Roy, not to the f*cking idiot/troll that started this thread. Roy is worth the time and effort to respond to.)

Especially such damned inferior computer stuff...

Only inferior if you insist on using M$ Windows. Compared to my current Linux box, that's a smokin' hotrod!
nb
desgnr wrote:

From your other reply I gather this is more like sod than dirt? If so, get most of the dirt off the roots and back into the garden. Then put the sod back in the garden upside down. Let the sun kill the bare roots. Give it some time killing any grass that happens to survive before starting the garden. Keep tearing apart the sod as it dies into small pieces. Cover it if rain is forecast. Should be ready in 3-4 weeks.
desgnr wrote:

Bury it.
--
LSMFT

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
"desgnr" wrote in message

Put it in your front yard in a pile and put a free dirt sign on it.
Then also put a notice on craigslist.org (your city) and in the for sale/free area. Stick your address on there. Say you will remove the posting when the dirt is gone. Best if you can show a picture of the dirt as people on craigslist can be quite deceptive. The picture will show it is good dirt and not concrete chunks or a pile of rocks or just a few shovels full.

Craigslist garden section, too.
Bill wrote:

Better yet, put a sign on it "$20". Someone will steal it.
Most flowers like top soil. You oughta left it right there. That said, sprinkle it on the lawn, and it will blend in.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

What do you expect from a guy who's sig brags about using a DELL computer????
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Hey, at least his computer has a name. This cobbled pile of dumpster-dove parts I am posting this on doesn't even know where it was born. Parts is parts. Plug 'em together and see if they light up. It works, that is all I care about.
--
aem sends,,,,

aemeijers wrote:

That's what I have, a pile of mostly free parts. Upgrade when newer free parts are available, not much ever breaks.
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 21:27:26 -0400, clare wrote:
[snip]

and Vista, which is (at least as far as the UI is concerned) the worst version of Windows ever.
---
You need to improve your descriptions. This is sod. You pile it up and compost it.

It may not take it all at one time, but a shovel-full of dirt, in a box or bag each week, will probably not even be noticed or provoke any problem.
I had a neighbor once who had a big stack of old brick segments and broken concrete blocks - not suitable for reuse - and he threw 6 in his trash can each week. It took over a year for the pile to disappear, and the size went down so slowly that no one else caught on to what he was doing. (It took him longer than he expected, because I had some scrap bricks of my own which disposed of by throwing a couple on his pile each evening.)

It may not take it all at one time, but a shovel-full of dirt, in a box or bag each week, will probably not even be noticed or provoke any problem.
I had a neighbor once who had a big stack of old brick segments and broken concrete blocks - not suitable for reuse - and he threw 6 in his trash can each week. It took over a year for the pile to disappear, and the size went down so slowly that no one else caught on to what he was doing. (It took him longer than he expected, because I had some scrap bricks of my own which I disposed of by throwing a couple on his pile each evening.)

Wow! How small is your trash can? I can fit at least a cubic yard of dirt into my trash can.
And, more to the point, why on earth would you ever want to get rid of dirt? Do you have a postage stamp sized yard? Do you never do any gardening, raised beds, landscaping? Amazing. I have just over an acre and I need to BUY dirt several times a year. Like a truckload, not just some bags.

I could put a lot more in the can, but the weight might draw attention to what was being done, and the whole purpose of doing it a little at a time was to stay under the radar.

Note that I'm not the OP.