Trying to find KWH of fans?

Page 2 of 2

..... "Rhythmatic," ..... not a technique but a "toy" sold door-to- door in the 60's
another consumer spinoff of the space program :)
cheers Bob
[snip]

I got 91/74/59 watts with a new fan from Wal-Mart (20 inch Galaxy).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
[snip]

My preferred setting for cooling is 76 degrees. The A/C kept that except for a few days about a month ago (when in the middle of the big south central hot spot).
It does have to be raised at night to keep things from getting too cold.
Fans do help some, if the temperature isn't too high.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
following:

Good numbers, Thanks You!
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:33:33 -0400, "Colbyt"

God Damn that is efficient!
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 07:38:11 -0700 (PDT), terry

Yeah I was needing the slow vs high wattage to see the kwh expense was all, thanks for your answer.

Kill-A-Watt showed 20 inch Lakewood at 121/84/65 watts 84/121 = 70% 65/121 = 54%
91/74/59 watts with a new fan from Wal-Mart (20 inch Galaxy). 74/91 = 81% 59/91 = 65%
Sorta what you'd expect. Huh?
Interesting too your power only 8 cents per kwh! And ours is mainly clean hydro generated, especially summer time! Our basic kilowatt hour charge is just over 9 cents per hour the rest bringing it up to just over 10 cents is due to a monthly per account fee and sales taxes. Another reason may be that we are rather thin on the ground and that means the cost of the basic infrastructures must be borne by a smaller customer base.
Cheers