Troy-bilt which HorsePower to buy?

The Wife and I are looking to buy a new mower for our new house. We saw 2 troy-bilt models that are identical except for the horsepower. One is 18.5 HP for $1300 and the other is 21.5 HP for $1500 with free $100 Cart, Our lot is completely flat so a vote towards the 18.5. But also we want to push-blade the snow off the concrete driveway, again flat, come next winter. My question is will the 18.5 be enough kick, for pushing snow on a flat surface that may reach a maximum depth of 8 inches in most cases, or should I go the extra $200 for the 21.5? By the way we intend to purchase the snow blade at the same time at a cost of $300. We can't seem to make our minds on this, and have till Sunday to get good financing on it.
SO 18.5 = 1300 or 21.5 = 1500 + Blade= 300 Blade= 300 + No Cart= 0 Cart= FREE ($100) -------------------------------------------- TOTALS $1600 $1800 ($1900 Value)
--

This message was written on 100% recycled spam.

SAM >> samuelREMOVE snipped-for-privacy@myrealbox.com

I'd get the larger one with the cart and all for only $200 more. I have a Troy-bilt tiller that is 21 years old and has held up fine. At that time, we were trying to choose and someone suggested the larger horse-power one and we haven't regretted it. We have used it for all types of things and it has always worked just fine.
Bobby
BGBevill wrote:

Your 21-year old Troy-bilt has held up because it is a Troy-bilt. Thye are now owned by MTD. Good luck on getting those to last 21 years.

Sad, isn't it? I haven't been paying attention the last few years and did not know that Troy-bilt had changed ownership, but I guess it is to be expected this day and time. Seems to be happening with just about everybody.
Bobby
Check the motors on the 2 units it is possible from a brochure I have the higher HP unit is the better B&S inteck engine and the smaller unit a regular B & S .. You want steel cilinder sleeves and pressure lubrication .
BGBevill wrote:

Same thing happened to Cub Cadet.... I Love my 68 cubbie, have a large, Very, Very rough lot (used to be a corn field)... I look at the new ones made by MTD and I laugh.. I doubt if a new one would survive even one mowing...
--
Mikey Luvs Ya!!
http://personalpages.tds.net/~kyakmike /
Samuel Warren wrote:

I don't have an answer for you other than to ask the man at Lowes what you get for the difference? My guess is the larger motor is also a better design and will be likely to start better in cold weather and last longer.
I might add that it is not a real Troy-bilt. Troy went under a few years back. Those mowers are designed and built by MTD.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
I had a Troy bilt 33 inch walk behind biggest piece of junk I ever owned!
Tom

The wide cut model? What happened?
Stephen R.