Troy Bilt pressure washer detergent valve - which way is open?

I just bought a Troy Bilt model 020344 pressure washer. I've read the manual, but I'm not not 100% clear from the manual which way to turn the detergent valve for "on." Is the vertical position for using detergent, and horizontal just plain water? Or is it the other way around? I tried calling the Troy Bilt number to ask, but was on hold for too long.
Thanks!
Oh for crying out LOUD. Just try it. Can't break anything that way, Toll.

Can't spell for shit so I'm going fishing! Winds on the reef 10 knots, balmy 25deg in Cairns today.

Typing is ratshit 2.

I did try it. The detergent is clear enough so that I couldn't tell which way was which.
inline with the hose is on. BUT, it only works with the black nozzle. You cannot apply soap with the high pressure nozzle(s).

On Jul 18, 9:19pm, "Steve Barker DLT"

Thanks for the information!