troubleshooting --- no electrical current

Here's the scenario: The bathroom light does not work. The problem must be a blown fuse, the light switch, or the florescent light fixture. Upon a closer look. I found both the circuit breaker and light switch to be okay. I also discovered that there's no electrical current coming from the 2 wires that are connected to the switch. So what do you think is the problem is?
Here's the scenario: The bathroom light does not work. The problem must be a blown fuse, the light switch, or the florescent light fixture. Upon a closer look. I found both the circuit breaker and light switch to be okay. I also discovered that there's no electrical current coming from the 2 wires that are connected to the switch. So what do you think is the problem is?

the
wires
problem
How many wires are in the box that the switch is mounted in?
As others have said, probably GFCI tripped...
sam_lee snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Break in a conductor someplace between last feed point and the switch. Is there power <to> the switch? Is the feed through the switch or the fixture? Either way, you've lost a feed or ground connection at the last point in the chain prior to where you're testing.

Have you tried a new bulb? How did you verify that the switch is good? Are you getting 110 volts at both terminals of the switch and can you make one terminal (the one going to the fixture) go to zero by turning the switch off, or if you shorted both sides of the switch does the light come on? Not advocating that you do this if you're not experienced dealing with electricity. How did you determine that there was no electrical current? MLD
MLD wrote:

Is there a GFI in line?
Mark

The breaker may be off, but it may look like it is on. Many breakers, when they trip, to not move to the "OFF" position. Try turning the breaker in question OFF and then ON again.
Check if thers a GFI outlet in the bathroom somewhere and make sure it's not tripped.
Check for a GFCI outlet that's tripped, either in this bathroom or another location upstream, eg another bathroom.
There may be a GFI outlet ahead of the light switch

sam_lee snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Or a couple of others, but you covered most of them.

Exactly how did you check them?

Exactly how did you check that.
Normally there will be two wires to a switch, but to determine if they are live, you need to compare them to the other side of the circuit. Both wires at the switch are the same as one wire on the light, but not the other. They should be black or red. The other side should be white.

As I said there are many other possibilities including odd in wall wiring that may have failed. Tracking down more than you said you checked could be difficult and would be unusual and maybe dangerous to even look for if you don't know what to look for and how to stay safe.
So let us know more about how you checked what you checked.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

burned out bulb?
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
How do you know the CB and the switch are OK?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus