Troubleshooting help for Deere 172 Gas Hedge Trimmer?

Anyone know a resource for a document to help troubleshooting this gas hedge trimmer?
I received it in non-working condition (doesn't fire at all) and don't really know where to start. I am willing to even overhaul the motor if the parts cost is reasonable.