Trouble with 2 Stroke - '90's Lawnboy

Page 2 of 2

I have a good lawnboy. I understand.

No, it's an issue with the blade you put on it.

Not a great deal more than 4 stroke given the application. You don't want the blade going much faster than 3600RPM 2 or 4 stroke. Even if it did, you just change the pitch on the blade to get more suction if that's what you want.
Your commercial unit is designed for suction bagging.
My lawnboy's suction ain't all that great - but it's not a commercial bagger. I don't bag, so it don't matter.
[Mind you, we're building a wind tunnel with a 2 stroke weed wacker motor. A 16x16 prop generates quite a wind blast at 8000-9000 RPM. During tests just below freezing, we calculated a windchill factor of -50C. at 100% efficiency on the prop, that's better than a 100MPH wind blast.]
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

Our lawnboy has had its ignition condenser die twice. That might be it.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

Yup, got a new one from zacm.com (crappy web design, but good people) and the thing fired right up. I did have a tough time finding a replacement plug for it, though. I found a Lawn-Boy branded one at Ace for about $7 - no thanks. I did eventually find it at Lowes for about $2.50. I also picked up a new air filter and reed valves, but seeing what would be required to actually replace the reeds I think I'll wait on those even though they are a little leaky.
I am happy to be mowing again.
Matthew Price