trouble-free mini blinds

In time, the vinyl mini blinds I've had have begun to slip so that after they are raised, one side slides down a few inches. My aluminum mini blinds last longer but cost more. It may be that some vinyl mini blinds last a long time and not all aluminum mini blinds last long.
How do I know what to buy?