trimming solid surface

I need to replace my 22X33 sink. I have a solid surface counter and need to trim 1/4" on one side and 1/2" on another side, in order for ANY new sinks to fit (with the exception of cast iron...which I don't want.) My old sink is the exact same measurements of the new ones (I have tried both stainless and composite); but they come with either of built in track or built in clips, which require me to enlarge the hole. What is the best way to do this? (I have called my installer and he wants $400 to do it....have calls out to several people, with no luck!
On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 22:44:01 +0000, Kathy

What is the material? Corian type thing or Quartz? Corian is not that tough, Quartz is. You can eat Corian with a router and a carbide bit, you need diamond tools for Quartz.
On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 6:49:28 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

And related question is, are we talking about a self-rimming sink or an undermount? With the former, you just need a hole and don't care what the edge looks like or if there is a small chip on top, etc. With the latter, you do. Like you say, first place to start is with what the actual material is. You would think googling for the specific material and how to cut it would produce videos, etc.
On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 16:57:44 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

Clips, rings, she is talking about self rimming.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Our new cast iron/enamel sink is a self-rim , and has no clips or any other fasteners . Just a small bead of clear caulk around the edge after placing it into the counter top ... of course it weighs about 175 lbs , so it's not going to be moving around a lot . I suspect the OP is replacing this type with a SS unit and needs a bit more edge clearance for the clamping system .
--
Snag

Kathy wrote:

You need to use a router to cut that stuff . I suggest you find a way to clamp a guide board to the countertop for the router - base or a guide collet - to slide against . You *MIGHT* be able to cut it with a jigsaw and a down-cut blade , but there is a very good chance of chipping the edge . Same with a circular saw - the more teeth the better , minimum 40t on a 7 1/4" saw . But the router is the first choice .
--
Snag