trimming composite valance for window blinds

I have some new composite plastic-like window blinds that were supplied = with a valance (also composite plastic-like material). The valance looks = like sculpted baseboard moulding. I need to trim the valances to fit the = window openings and I was wondering what the best method would be. = Obviously, I want the final cuts to be neat and without any chips or = nicks. What should I use to cut the material and how should I go about = this?

Jean

Reply to
Jean

ith a valance (also composite plastic-like material). The valance looks lik= e sculpted baseboard moulding. I need to trim the valances to fit the windo= w openings and I was wondering what the best method would be. Obviously, I = want the final cuts to be neat and without any chips or nicks. What should = I use to cut the material and how should I go about this?

Cut with a table saw with the finish side up or on a miter saw with the finish side down, using fine toothed blades. Protect the finish side with masking tape. Lacking the right tools, have a millwork/ carpenter shop do it for you. It is possible to do neatly if you have above average skills with hand tools, of course. A composite may be more forgiving than MDF faced with plastic. Choose whatever seems most likely to get the results you want. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe