Trim removal question: How to make my interior seamless -- Lotsa Pictures

All windows, doorways, and wall corners have crappy wooden trim borders:
http://plaskon.netfirms.com/images/diy/corner.jpg (paste image link in new browser)
When I take the trim off, there is a gap between the dry wall and the sash.
http://plaskon.netfirms.com/images/diy/gap.jpg
What can I use to fill the gap? And how can I ensure that the gaps between wall corners maintains a sharp edge like this?
http://plaskon.netfirms.com/images/diy/seamless.jpg
I'd appreciate your suggestions.
i'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. what you call a "sash" is really a jamb (a sash is a part of the window that holds the glass). this gap between the drywall and the jamb is usually covered with trim. the only time it is not is when drywall wraps around and butts into the window, but that involves adding peices of drywall, applying a corner bead, and then three coats of mud followed by sanding and painting. on your door openings that have wood jambs and wood casings, you can just wrap them with drywall. or perhaps you just want new trim?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I don't understand why you want to fill these gaps as this is normal. It's the trim that covers this and you can replace the trim with a different style but it must be wide enough to cover the gap. Perhaps you didn't know that if you go into anyone house and pull of the trim around the doors this is usually what you will see. Carpenters don't try to make it look good since they know it will be covered up.
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:44:11 -0400, Joey wrote:

There is *supposed* to be space between the jams and the structural elements (windows too). If they were tight the jams would warp putting stress on the doors (windows).
--
Keith

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Trim is the normal method for accomodating differences in thickness (and expansion ratios). Try some of these products for finishing your drywall without the need for trim pieces:     http://www.dietrichindustries.com/products /
You should probably still expect small cracks to appear at some boundaries -- various parts of your house will expand and contract by differing amounts, and trim pieces are the usual method for accomodating this.
--
Murray Peterson