Tried Amazon Echo?

If, so, what do you think of it? Useful or just a toy? Or both? Would you do it again?
TIA

Yes, the shopping list feature is worth it alone
On 12/08/2015 12:13 PM, KenK wrote:

Alexa Echo is both a useful tool and a toy.
I was lucky enough to get an early beta Echo and have since purchased a second Echo. Maybe Team Bezos will develop a POTS phone module for the Echo so Alexa can screen out the telescammers.

Now _that_ I would buy!
On 12/8/2015 10:13 AM, KenK wrote:

Conceptually, a great idea (I am doing something similar though more comprehensive, here). In implementation, though, I would be concerned that someone *outside* your home now knows everything about what happens *inside* your home! And, this WITH your full consent!
on 12/8/2015, Don Y supposed :

Good point. Those of us who have trolls attached to our diddies need to be aware of this before adapting this device to our lives.
On 12/9/2015 8:08 AM, Eagle wrote:

I love my filter. :)
--
Maggie

Muggles has brought this to us :

Mesnews has a fairly good filter, and I have it setup so one poster doesn't even show on My reader at all. I might try to get a few more I don't want to see setup that way. :')
On 12/9/2015 10:59 AM, Eagle wrote:

You can set up filters on a per group basis, too, so if you don't want to see some threads or people on Group A, but don't care if you see it on group B. I'm pretty sure you can set them up as entire server filters, too.
--
Maggie