- Tricks of the Trade Electrical

This is a good site. He doesn't update it very often, but the stuff he has is very useful.
Maybe we can send him some more tips.

I can't count the times I have posted a message without including the link. :)
http://www.elec-toolbox.com /

Done it myself many times...It's kinda like when I send an email with an attachment, and forget to attach the attachment. Do it all the time.
The frames set up makes it slow as heck to get any information. The pop up pass word request is irritating. The blinky tool bar along the left is distracting.
I spent about a minute on the site, and it was too hard to get any useful information with all that distraction.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Stormin Mormon wrote:
... top posting repaired...

A quick click past the login screen and it loaded pretty quickly even w/ my slow dialup... The blinky tool bar is a poor choice, will grant that.
The tips section looks to have some useful ones along w/ a lot of old stuff most anybody w/ any experience will know. Looks like if it grows much more unless the maintainer will organize tips in some hierarchy it will become very difficult to find anything specific other than resorting to the search engine, though...
The calculators page is pretty weak for a site dedicated to pro's, though.
The "theory" section would be best trashed entirely -- it's of no use to any practical electrician and the attempt to make explain the physics is so brief as to be overly simplistic at best and downright wrong at worst.
But, worth a bookmark for the DIY'er running into problem -- might just find a tip that is of some benefit...

I intended to point out that I routinely keep Flash off and the site wanted to download it -- I suspect there's where the hangup was/is if your browser settings quietly allows Flash.
Isn't it a shame that the site uses so much computer RAM and REM and so on?
Thanks for the critique of the content.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

"This site is not intended for the do-it-your-self person, only qualified electrical persons."
Sorta' violates the charter of a.h.r... :)

On Thu, 24 May 2007 03:07:22 GMT, AZ Nomad

A good site is a site that does good things.