Trex vs. Ironwood prices

Hi, I tried to find information on this subject in the groups but so far haven't found what I need. Does anyone here know the approximate square foot price of Trex vs. Ironwood (IPE)? We are trying to decide which to use. Thanks for your help.

Have you ever thought about calling up the local lumberyard for prices? Last time I looked at Ipe, it was $2.19 a linear foot for the 5/4 x 6 decking material.

Of course. I just thought someone might have a general idea of prices. I am not looking for hard quotes here.

Thank you.
JS wrote:

I know what they cost in my area, but that doesn't do you any good. There's no point in telling you what I pay since we have no idea where you are.

How much is a house where you live? You're asking a similar question. There's not enough information to give you anything other than a wide range (useless for planning purposes) or a specific number which is unlikely to be accurate wherever you are (a dangerous number in the planning stages).
I also agree that you should look at some other brands of composite decking. There are a number of them. Be aware that Trex is not as stiff as Ipe and won't span the same distance. You may need to close up the joist spacing with the Trex.
JS wrote:

Questions of local pricing and availability are always best answered locally. Pick up the phone. It'll take you less time and you'll get reliable numbers.

When I did my deck I used a composite decking called Carefree. a lot cheaper than Trex. So you might want to sit down at a local lumber yard and check all your options. As for ironwood they seem to label a lot of wood Ironwood these days, I believe the actual name is Ligmavita (sp) . You might read this web page before using wood
http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/ It is a environmental subject, You will enjoy it, you may still want to use wood, is good.

Around here they are about the same. Ipe is much more expensive to install.