Trex decking cleaner?

Hello -

Is there a good cleaner for Trex decking? I tried Krud Kutter and that worked a little, but the decking is still dirty. Anyone have any good results with a specific cleaning agent for Trex decking?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Reply to
SilverUnicorn

I don't think you should do this, but we use a power washer (just plain water) on a LIGHT setting. We live at the DE shore, and between the salt air, and dust/dirt from new contrusticon in the development, we have a pretty messy deck. No apparent damage, but I'd not use the higher pressure ones, however.

Reply to
professorpaul

Hi -

Thank you for the response. I used the Krud Kutter from a spray bottle, then used a deck brush on th4e decking. That was followed by a light rinse, as you stated, with a pressure washer on low setting.

It does look better, but is still dirty. Also the PVC railings are dirty and don't seem to want to come clean either :-(

Thanks!

Chris

Reply to
SilverUnicorn

IMHO:

I was told, when I was looking at non wood decking, that they do not 'absorb' dirt, so using mild detergent and water would remove the surface grim. If the decking still looks 'dirty' then something was absorbed, and you might not be able to bring it back to the surface for cleaning. Did you BBQ on it?

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

I don't have Trex, it's some other brand. I clean the decks and railings with an electric pressure washer. It works great.

Reply to
Dan Espen