Trenchless sewer lateral replacement - Impeded by heavy rains?

Late yesterday afternoon I faxed my signed bid to the company who first bid on the job. Good references, by far the best price. Plus they actually ran a camera through the existing line and didn't charge me a cent. The other guys made their bids on the basis of inspection from above, only.
Yesterday afternoon, when I faxed the bid, it was dry, but it rained something fierce overnight. There had been relatively little rain here until last night. Now the ground is going to be saturated. They have to dig at least 4 holes to get down to the existing clay lateral for connections and access to do the trenchless.
What affect does the rain have on all this? Thanks for your answers.
Dan_Musicant wrote:

Would seem to make much more sense to ask them... :(
Why not ask the folks doing the job?
--
Steve Barker

"Dan_Musicant" < snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net> wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:46:18 -0600, "Steve Barker LT"
:Why not ask the folks doing the job?
I did. I just thought it best to try to get impartial opinions. They did call me back in response to my faxed bid. But the guy who did the inspection and is going to set up the job hasn't called me. I figure they're real busy with work because of the heavy rains. It's no biggie, my having to wait. I jury rigged the biggest problem - a broken drain.
If these guys are pros, they are used to working outside in all conditions. It probably won't affect them one bit. Although the finished job may be a little messier due to the mud.

:If these guys are pros, they are used to working outside in all conditions. :It probably won't affect them one bit. Although the finished job may be a :little messier due to the mud.
Yes, they are certainly used to it. I was told that they have been together at this company for a minimum of 6 years. Even so, I know how much a shock cold weather can be in the winter. Around here it's nothing compared to most places in the USA, but compared to where I grew up (Southern CA), it's harsh. Plus these guys are Mexican and I bet some of them grew up south of the border. So far, they've done what looks to my inexperienced eye to be good work. :