Tree Sap Removal

Any suggestions on a solvent that would remove tree sap from a car without damaging the paint? I've only tried alcohol so far. Scraping it off with a wooden tongue depressor works but is time consuming since there are about 100 stains. And of course it would be a black car.

Turpentine. -- Oren
WD-40, Spray it on,let it set a few min. should wipe right off
SD

How would it dissolve tree sap?
-- Oren
Oren wrote:

A large percentage of WD-40's "magic" comes from a combination of aromatic hydrocarbon solvents. It should handle tree sap in about the same way that it handles adhesive labels.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Mineral Spirits should work too.

I second WD-40.

Goop hand cleaner will take it off your hands so should work on metal also.
For tar I prefer anhydrous isopropyl alcohol over mineral spirits, oils, WD-40, and Goop. Ask for it at a pharmacy; it is not expensive but you have to ask for it because it is stored behind the counter.
    Una
On Feb 27, 12:43am, snipped-for-privacy@att.net (Una) wrote:

Sorry Una, wrong button!
I tried all sorts of things on my truck. Not sure where I heard it, but someone said to try Off bug spray. Worked like a charm!
On Feb 26, 11:43pm, snipped-for-privacy@att.net (Una) wrote:

Anhydrous isopropyl alcohol is marketed as IsoHeet under $1 a pint at any autoparts store (at least in the snow belt). HTH
Joe
I use peanut butter (not chunky!) to get it off my hands/arm...