tree problem

We're managing an apartment building that has a tree growing right next to the back wall. I assume that the roots of the tree, (it's grown to around 60 feet) have disturbed the foundation of the back wall. Besides cutting down the tree, any information on what needs to be done to remove the roots and to repair the foundation?

Help appreciated.

Reply to
zirath

"zirath" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com:

Well the first thing is to check the foundation and not assume.

Reply to
Noahbuddy

if the apartment owner pays the heating cooling bills removal may increase those bills

Reply to
bob haller

Logically, you will have pros remove the tree. They should then use a stump grinder to whittle off anything within a couple of inches of the ground level. After that, pile some dirt on the remains and let it compost for a few years. Tree roots tend to lift up more than sideways so you could be OK on structural problems, but having an expert check it out is a good idea.

Joe

Reply to
Joe