tree limbs and roots loom my yard

New Port Richey, Florida This huge Mimosa tree (I heard it's a weed) about 100 ft high 75 wide, completely blocks photons to all my veggies and the roots beginning to crack the patio foundation. It extends at least 30 ft over my yard. The backyard neighbor of course doesn't care. Hurricane season is here. Does anyone know my legal options?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

In my area, what is in your yard is yours. TB

1. Under common law, when a tree roots reach underground from his lot to damage buildings on your lot, you can require him to pay for repairs. 2. Under common law, you can cut down any tree branches that extend from his land over yours. The difference is that you cannot oblige the neighbour to pay for tree surgery over your land, even if its roots are in his land.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs