tree fell during a storm so the owner grabbed his chainsaw and started to cut it up when this happened.

http://izismile.com/2014/04/22/dead_tree_doesnt_accept_its_fate.html
http://izismile.com/2014/04/22/dead_tree_doesnt_accept_its_fate.html
BurfordTJustice wrote:

I don't know why people insist on destroying healthy coniferous trees when they get uprooted by wind.
All they need to do is dig out the ground around the root ball and set the tree back into place and cover the roots and let the roots re-establish contact with the ground. Put up a few anchor lines to hold the tree in place for a few years.
On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:00:20 AM UTC-4, Home Guy wrote:

Because for a tree anywhere near the size of the one shown it can't be done without a crane. That's why, idiot. Even for a 15 ft tree, all the digging and work involved usually isn't worth it.
Home Guy" <"Home wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo78qm8k2LY

On 4/23/2014 7:00 AM, Home Guy wrote:

Yeah, tell that to your homeowner's insurance company. Once the tree sustains major damage, they're going to consider it a hazard, and under the terms of the policy, the homeowner is expected to remove known hazards on his or her property. Prop a damaged tree back up and if/when it comes down again, better hope it doesn't cause any injuries or property damage, because the insurance company won't cover it.

Not long ago two children were killed because of this type of action. They were playing in the hole and when the tree stood up it crushed them.
Per Bob F:

My freebie version of Avast antivirus has a web page checking feature that has saved me several times.
--
Pete Cresswell

On Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:26:39 AM UTC-4, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

As does Norton. It blocks stuff it detects and gives a warning.
On Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:03:16 AM UTC-7, trader_4 wrote:

Odd, I have both those programs running, went to that site. Neither alerted to a virus.
Harry K
On Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:40:31 AM UTC-4, Harry K wrote:

I didn't get any notification from Norton either.
Per trader_4:

Nor me from Avast. And there does not seem to be anything amiss in my PC (fingers crossed!!!!) after visiting the site.
But now that somebody's mentioned they had a problem, I'm thinking maybe I'll just re-image on GPs.
--
Pete Cresswell

Hey asshole: have you ever seen what one of these trees look like a year or two after "standing up"? They look like a 8" x 10' post in the ground with a few small new growth branches sprouting out. Nothing less than a tornado is going to knok it down.
If you want to suck off your insurance company, that's fine, but shove the advice up your ass where you probably put a lot of other sutff.
On 4/23/2014 8:00 AM, Home Guy wrote:

I read of a case where a boy was playing in the root hole when such happened. Dad totally frieked out. Shovel, and started digging. A few minutes later, the boy's voice is heard "Dad, what are you doing?" Dad frieked out. The boy (Mormon, of course) said "I heard your voice telling me to get out of the hole, and so I did."
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 4/23/2014 5:39 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:

Funny post. I had a neighbor down the street a few years ago killed when partially fallen tree he was cutting up crushed him.
On 4/23/2014 4:39 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:

TDD
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 05:39:45 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"

That's a common occurance in that situation. I had trees like that sprout new branches and resume growing the following spring after it "stood up".

It is funny.
The tree I cut up last fall was not as thick, but as tall and when I cut the big piece of the trunk off, it took over night, but the rest of the turnk raised up about 6 or 10 feet.
Cottonwood tree. No root ball showing as far as I noticed. I could just reach the tree standing on the 2nd step of a 6 foot ladder, and now it's about 18 feet from the ground.
On Monday, April 28, 2014 12:57:29 PM UTC-7, micky wrote:
<snip>

I did a big 3 stem Black Locust last year that had blown down into a farmer s field. 2 of the stems where in the air full length, I cut them up and the 3rd stem came up about 2 ft. Full tree cut up and not one cut anywhere ne ar the ground!! Then I went back in the fall and was working on another on e I fell right next to that stump. It proceeded to stand back up to a 45 d egree while I was there.
Scared the bejazus out of me as I was cutting when it started and I thought it was another tree starting to fall on me with all that popping and crack ling.
Harry K