Treatment to Protect Asphalt Shingles

I live in Ontario where we go through extreme hot and cold spells as well as snow. Just replaced my shingles and would like to know if there are any coatings or treatments that I might be able to spray on annually to extend the life of the shingles without voiding my warranty.
Thanks
john wrote:

Nothing I know of will help. Best bet is quality shingles and proper installation.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
<< any coatings or treatments that I might be able to spray on annually to extend the life of the shingles >>
The Williamson Travellers gypsy roofers have secret recipes for this. They may be in your area some day. They have been seen filling up the spray tanks on their pickup trucks at the Diesel pump at nearby truck stops. <G> Best bet for real info is customer service department of the manufacturer. HTH
Joe
Spray cold water on the roof in summer and hot water in the winter. That should extend their life.
8>)

jahowatson writes:>I live in Ontario where we go through extreme hot and cold spells as

(i.e. leaves) is allowed to accumulate, and insulation and ventilation, of course. I've seen the folks around Tucson, AZ paint theirs with flat deck coating, but whether that's to help cool the roof, or they're relying on it to waterproof, is a bit of a mystery to me. I think I'll keep it that way. Tom, from just North of Canada, now in AZ. Someday, it'll all be over....