Treatment for Powderpost Beetles in 2 x 4s?

I have some 2x4s in my garage that have little pin holes & saw dust appearing on my automobile. I was told these are from powderpost beetles. Has anyone used Ortho Termite and Carpenter Ant Killer on powderpost beetles? How effective was it? Also has anyone tried Timbor? It looked like a better choice from what I read online, but I cannot find it at a store near me.
I was wanting to spray the area myself to save cash, are these easy to get rid of, or should I call in a pro. Thank you for any advice.
I had them in an old house and hired an exterminator to do it. As I recall he used some form of boric acid that remains on the surface of the wood and as they burrow in or out they come in contact with the stuff and it kills them. It wasn't very expensive to have it done. If the wood is painted it costs a little more because they can't use the stuff that soaks into the bare wood, they use some stuff that leaves a residue on the surface of the paint.
No One wrote:

Timbor and Boracare are available via mail order online. Either can be sprayed or brushed or rolled on.
A google search will turn up a few dozen sources.
John

Here's the place I ordered my Bora Care from.. http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/spec/pick-boracare1.htm
They also have Timbor http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/SPEC/pick-timbor1.htm
My first experense with powder post beetles or Bora care.. so I can't help other than the above links.. well except the following link gives more powder post info from the same company.. http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/powderpostbeetles.htm

I leave termites and powder-post beetles to the pros.
If you do, make sure he sprays the entire house.
Have a nice week...
Trent
What do you call a smart blonde? A golden retriever.