Treating leather

I have an old leather jacket and chair id like to oil. Lexol is a product ive seen but its expensive for the amount sold. What else can be used to put oil back into oil leather, Mineral Oil?

When you identify the right product, it may turn out cheap compared with the value of what it is used to preserve.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
On 8/17/2010 11:51 AM, ransley wrote:

Why ruin good leather over a few bucks? Lexol is pretty much the gold standard for maintaining leather and it really isn't expensive. A 1l bottle is ~ $11

The common one is Neatsfoot oil, but go with Lexol. It's not that expensive and it leaves the leather in better condition - it's not just oil.

Only if you're going to fry it.
Lexol expensive? Where are you looking?

Petroleum jelly works wonderfully, applies nicely, and never goes rancid. I've used it for years and have been very pleased. I sometimes use a little heat from a hair drier or barely warm oven to make application and excess removal easier.