Treadmill Vibration Isolation

Hi I've just got a treadmill, theres a serious amount of vibration and sound from it, is there anything people could recommend to minimise this as much as possible. Especially are the vibration mats sold any good? Its on the first floor and ideally I'd like to put it on full wack, 15kph or so. Bit scared of the neighbours complaining.
I gather next to a wall and ina small room are good things
Ta F
Wife has used an isolation mat for her stationary bicycle with some success. If the floor is not solid, I doubt there is anything that can help much. TB
I built a mat from a heavy rubber mat 1" thick sheet of Styrofoam for isolation and a 3/8" sheet of wafer board to hold it all together.
I also had to put a toe board on to keep the treadmill from walking.
Wayne

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

The best thing is to get a really good treadmill. Not one with a lot of neat features lights and buttons, but a really solid design and heavy duty DC motor.
However you have what you have, so your only likely choice is the rubber mats. You may want to experiment. A heavy duty, not too thick one may work well, but a nice thick soft one might work better, but for that you will need a layer of plywood over it to distribute the weight. I would likely look for a large fatigue matt, the kind used to make standing on.
The floor that is it located on will also make a big difference.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Cover the area with an anti-vibration mat, dense carpet padding (the solid foam type, not felt or thin sponge molded with contours), or urethane foam. It may have to be as thick as 3-6 cm. Then cover that with a sheet of plywood, 2-3 cm thick, to distribute the weight of the treadmill all over.
I'll try the mat and plywood. Moving it close to a wall definately helped, its the pounding of the feet that makes the biggest contribution to the noise now. Trouble with the mat is that I can't try it before I buy it easily but I think I'd need one to protect the threadmill against the carpet anyway
Ta F