Transporting a refrigerator (it was horizontal).

I just moved a 'frige and as we were putting it in the truck the guy said not to lay it down. Well, we didn't have much of a choice. It was horizontal less than an hour. It will stay in our present garage (upright) for 2 days, then another 15 minute horizontal trip. Have we blown it? We moving it to our new house where it will stay unplugged for a couple of weeks. Will that be enough time to let everything settle again?

Thanks in advance.

Ben..

Reply to
bozothedeathmachine

This has been discussed in the past. While upright is the best method, laying down is 99% OK as long as you set it upright and let the oil drain back from the system. IIRC, 24 hours was deemed a good amount of time.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yeah, I know it was discussed. I looked up all of the other ones. Just paranoia. Thanks.

Reply to
bozothedeathmachine

If you don't want to remove the paper backing & patch the wall.

Then.

  1. Remove the vinyl face.
  2. Prime the backing with Draw-Tite or Gardz. It's a water based product. (it may bubble up in places but will likely suck down when it dries.) Allow to dry overnight.
  3. Skim coat.
  4. Prime over the skim coat with above.
Reply to
3rd eye

Hi,

Something below may help in the future....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid