transition from floor to walll

i'm about to lay tile in a bathroom, i have tiled floors and read several how to's on wall tile. what i have been unable to find is any information on any way to transition from the floor to that wall. the same sive and typ eof tile will be used for both the floor an dt he wall.

can some on please tell me the best way to make the transition

thnaks finger

Reply to
fingerback

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you're using the same size and type of tile on both the walls and floor, what transition exactly are you talking about?

RicodJour

makeing the corner between floor and wall. dou you just use squar tile or is it better to use a tile that is L shaped?

should the wall tile be on top of the floor tile or should the wall tile be placed first?

Reply to
fingerback

Does your tile even offer "L's". Most floor tile lines do not have "specialty" pieces. At least the stores I shop in. (Not the borg stores)

I lay the floor tile to a close tolerance to the wall, 1/8" or less, and then glue the wall tile to the wall with the same grout joint used in the floor. 90 degree corner if your lucky.

Reply to
SQLit

i havent selected what tile i was goingto use for this project yet, i wasn't sure how comone L tiles where.

thanks for the help.

Reply to
fingerback

They're common, just not necessarily in the tile that you want. They're common in the more basic and commercial lines of tile.

For the record, almost all of my jobs have had a 90 degree transition with the wall tile sitting on top (not literally) of the floor tile. I then caulk that joint with a color matched caulk.

RicodJour