Transition from Engineered Wood Floor to Sliding Door w/Metal Sill

My wife and I recently installed a Bruce engineered wood floor (floating) over concrete in our family room. My question is how to cover the gap between the wood floor and the metal sill of the sliding door. I have some transition molding for hardwood to vinyl that I used at the bathroom door. Should I attach something like this to the metal sill on the sliding door? I also have quarter-round, but I think it will stick up too far and create a tripping hazard. Thank you.

Reply to
wpepoon

Do they make trim of some sort? If you cannot find exactly what you want, you will have to modify what is available. In my case, I just used a pre-made molding but cut one side off to get proper fit. If the gap is small, colored caulk will do.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Bruce has a reducer strip that works pretty with the transition to vinyl floors. And I thought about colored caulk because the gap is only about

3/8", but the edges of the boards stick up slightly so I'm hoping to use some sort of trim to keep the edges down. I'm just not sure if it's okay to glue the trim piece directly to the metal sill.
Reply to
wpepoon

I used an L piece transition or 1/2 T whatever its called...

Of course the wierd thing about the engineered is doing some of these transitions and still allowing the floor to move

What I did was use the L piece and construction glued it to the sliding door sill/track edge....that way the floor floats/moves/slides/etc under the upside down L (or 1/2 T) transition

Reply to
shawn