Transfer liquids between bottles

How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Reply to
.

Siphon. Fill a tube with the liquid, put one bottle higher than the other, tube in each.

Reply to
dadiOH

That's what funnels are made for.

Reply to
clare

Think of Old Spice Aftershave bottles; they have very small mouths.

Reply to
.

Funnel in the lower bottle.

We need more information, please.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Some grocery/department stores will have sets of very small funnels in their kitchenware departments. If the liquid is fairly thin, you can siphon with aquarium tubing. If the bottles are not too deep or oddly shaped a basting syringe would be an option.

Reply to
Larry Fishel

Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from one Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

Reply to
.

Sounds good. In the future, the old chemist's trick is to put a rod of some sort into the receiving vessel, and pour from the source vessel onto the rod. The liquid will tend to cling to the rod and will go right into the narrow-mouthed receptacle. In your case, the rod can be as simple as a drinking straw.

Art

Reply to
Arthur Shapiro

Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

Wait a minute, you changed it. You said 2 bottles, and you used 3. No fair.

Reply to
Vic Smith

If you'd provided more complete information, we'd have suggested that, uh, well, couple days ago.

.

Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from one Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If the bottle mouths are small and the same size, you could put your thumb over the op of the full one while turning it over and setting it on top of the other bottle. If the liquid is thick and slow, you might want some support for the bottle that's on top.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

It's a case of the imaginary "only". He said 2 bottles, nothing about having no more available. The problem was not changed.

BTW, it it's sticky liquid, some will be lost in that plastic squeeze bottle.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Good thinking, Stormon Mormin!

Reply to
surfin' savant

Drink the liquid in bottle "A". Urinate into bottle "B". If your dick is as small as your brain, it should fit right into the narrow-mouthed bottle.

Reply to
sargeant.phillips

Aftershave bottle).

Some will be lost in the squeeze bottle whether it's thick or thin. It's only the amount that will be different.

Here's an old cooking trick to use with molasses:

Coat the measuring spoon or cup with cooking oil before pouring the molasses in. The molasses with slide right off into your mixing bowl.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

it won't work very well unless you poke a hole in the top of the bottle on top

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Reply to
clare

(attribution corrected, no charge)

Good thinking, "."!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sometimes you need to do that. It can help with cans of food too.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

Right.