Trane XLi16 for 2 zones???????

I'm looking for some help, I'm doing some new construction, I am the Homeowner not the General Contractor, I asked that the house be split into

2 zones. I got back a Quote from a HVAC contractor that would use a Trane XLi16 and one of the items states " 1 zone system for two zones w/2 -7 day t-stats". another HVAC contractor says that the XLi 16 was not certified as a compressor to be used with zones as of last year, but was not sure if the unit is certified as is the XLi 19. Can anyone shed any light on the subject. The question is can a Trane XLi 16 be used for a two zone system?

THANX

Reply to
george capra

My Trance guys proposed doing that with mine for me. Was installed last October. Concept was to use two returns, and then electronically controlled dampers in the ducts. Is this what your gent is proposing. We decided to wait until I saw where we were for a year before proceeding. We did install the 2nd return as part of the overall upgrade to the system. But, the aspect of it being certified never game up---probably becaise I was too dumb to ask. It will be interesting to see how this plays out,

Reply to
Roy Starrin

This is new construction and I don't know the ducting configuration, I have an open house with vaulted ceilings and lots of room for return air to get back to a very large return vent. This is an attempt to keep the air noise down. . I have found the name of the local Trane Tech Services Manager and will Call him on Monday with the Question. Thanks for the input.

Reply to
george capra