Trane xl1800 & Climatouch Thermostat

need a little help in configuring a combination of Trane xl1800 (X) and Climatouch Thermostat (CT) in S.Florida The CT is model CT03TS32H (3H+2C+HUM)

the X is a heatpump and it's currently defined in the CT Advanced Settings as "Heat Pump" and not as a 2-stage Heat Pump (I will assume that is correct for now although the X is a dual-compressor unit)

my goal is to keep humidity below 60% and temp below 78F and both functions to be independent of each other

in the CT Main Menu, the Humidify/Dehumidify setting is set to "Dehumidify" and Temp Control Mode to "Cool" there was a setting for "Heat/Cool" but as I never need heat (not even when temp in S.Florida drops below 45F) I have it only on "Cool"

under CT Advanced Settings the following settings are giving me some trouble

Hum Fam (HF) is set to OFF DH Fan (DF) is set to ON DH Reverse (DR) is set to OFF DH Control Comp (DCC) is set to OFF

Target "Cool" setting is set to 78F and Dehumidify to 60%

Problem is that if I change DR to ON, the unit runs continuously (the low side compressor) even when humidity reaches below 60% and currently S.Florida outside temps are in the 60's so only the dehumidify function should be running. If I change DR to OFF, the low side compressor turns off but I lose the Dehumidify function and the X will not come on even when inside humidity goes above 60%

I have the green wire on the CT going from right side contact point 7 to left side contact point 4

in the CT manual the explanation for the DR settings states: ON: DH relay is normally closed when relative humidity is above DH set point OFF: DH relay is normally open when relative humidity is above DH set point

the DCC explanation shows that OFF setting means the DH relay is independent (which I do want) of compressor activity

Reply to
lvc

Where did you go to school, boy? You need to develop skills in sentences structure, grammar, and punctuation.

If you can't even speak English properly, how the hell do you think you can handle complex machinery?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives