Trane vs. York! HELP!!!!

Hopefully you guys can answer my questions and provide some advice.
I am about to purchase a new heating & A/C unit (100,000 BTUs, 90+%, 3.5 tons. 14 SEER, variable speed) and am torn between the Trane XL series and the York Affinity series. Both would be installed by reputable dealers. The major roadblock is that there is a $4,000 difference between the two systems. I am getting different opinions on which one to purchase. We live in a 2 story Colonial approx. 2,00-2,500 sq. ft.
The Trane products are the 4TTX4042b100 (A/C) and the TUY120R9v5w (furnace), the Aprilaire 600 series humidifier and Clean Effects electronic air cleaner.
The York products are the CZB042 (A/C) and the PV9C20N100UP11 (furnace), the Aprilaire 600 series humidifier and the Honeywell electronic air filer F300 series.
Both estimates include a chimney liner, new thermostat, new pipes and 10 year parts and labor warranty.
The Trane estimate is $12,570 and the York is $8,350.
I keep hearing to avoid York b/c it outsources the manufacturing of its compressors & that Trane has better furnaces and A/C units and is just overall a better machine. Is a Trane system worth the extra $4,000?? Should I avoid York?? It is so confusing!!! I wanted to get a third party opinion. THANKS!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The quality of the system design and installation is much more important that the brand on the equipment. Which contractor did a heat gain / heat loss calcuation in order to insure that your furnace and A/C will be sized correctly? That is the contractor to go with.
If neither contractor did a load calc then you need another bid from a competent, professional contractor.
Consumers Reports did a poll of apx 35000 over 5 years on furnace reliability, you might want to read it. Are both VS and same efficiency. Why dont you direct vent your units, alot cheaper than a liner.
Both systems are 92% efficency and 14 SEER. My town requires chimney liners for furnaces with efficiency ratings of that high - i looked into venting but this was a better option.
What is an apx 35000?

m Ransley wrote:

" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote:

I think "apx 35000" refers to a poll of approximately 35,000 CR subscribers.
Pete C.
Are you sure you can use a condening furnace in a chimney, If its -15f here I would think the 70f exuast would possibly freeze up on the chimney and buildup.
Consumer reports reliability poll was of apx 35000 people.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes:

No.
No.
The pricing is based more on what the market will bear, not on the value of the product. The market has to bear a lot due to trade licensing and restraint of trade.
If either one is using major components made in China, I would avoid them.
which one did you go with and are you happy?

I've been happy with Trane, I made sure mine came with Freon.
--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/ (add .com after geocities)