Trane Heat Pump XE1000 High Pressure Switch

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me where (if anywhere) the high pressure switch is located on a Trane XE1000 heat pump unit? My hvac guy showed me a couple of years back but I have since then forgotten. Plus I have two very different heat pump units which complicates my memory even further.

Reply to
Googler

Funny thing happened... I turned off all power to my heat pump and tried to find the high pressure switch with no success. But now the unit is operating as it should! I wonder if just shutting it totally off for a few minutes reset the switch. (The problem was the auxiliary heat did not come on, though the indicator light did.)

Reply to
Googler

Hint: You havent fixed anything. It "locked-out" for a reason. It WILL do it again. NO, I cant and wont diagnose it over the internet. There are only about 100 things it could be. Now is the time to get someone scheduled in to do the repair before it quits for good. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

According to Trane, my heat pump's high pressure switch will trip during power surges. We've had a few during the past few weeks. So it seems that was what caused the problem. This is based on it not recurring since I shut the system down last week for a few minutes and restarted it. Thanks to all who replied... but... it sure would be nice if some knowledgeable person would just answer my original question regarding the location of the high pressure switch (without the "sales" pitch or warnings of doom, etc...).

Reply to
Googler

That "knowledgeable person" your looking for is usually a service tech that gets paid for what you are asking. You paid nothing. You got nothing so stop your bitching. If you want faster, friendlier professional service, whip out your piggy bank and pay someone. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba