Trane fan "On" for outside air?

Harry, Did you just re-read the first 2 sentences of your paragraph just above? First you ask "Who"? and second you said it was "You"? I thihk that, and your previous post has shown me all the competence I ever need to know about you. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

:Says another person who "I know what I know and don't confuse me with :facts!" You might be right about the south (I been there too damn :many years to ever want to go back), but I am not in the south. It :works up here.

Do some quantitative testing...run a graph on simular days with simular heat and RH, plot them with both A/C, and fan only, then come talk to me.

:The humidity level in a house will be about static whether you are :running that fan or not. The fan does not 'create' humidity.

Actually that is incorrect. The RH in a home is always changing, unless you never run water, you never sweat, you never cook, you never bathe, you seal up the commodes, have no house plants, or people or pets living there, then there is the residual condensate on the evap coils that gets put back in the air when running the fan only.

:So to your mind, running a fractional horse fan is more expensive than :running a multihorse compressor....uhuh.

If you have a new, high efficiency system. the cost to operate is negligible, and the comfort level is much higher. OTOH, if you have a system that is more than 20 years old, and your just trying to cheap out, then all bets are off. Either way, your the one that has to live with it, and *my* home is comfortable.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Be careful of putting a return in the basement. You must have an equal supply if you=92re heating system in there. A return in a space with a natural draft or induced draft appliance can back draft the appliance. This is also against code.

The second issue is pulling warm moist air into a space cool enough to cause higher humidity or even condensation in the basement. This can cause mold to grow.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Energy

Reading comprehension problem there is there? Read what we are actually discussing. My mention of the basement was a FUTURE (caps for the reading impaired) possibility. We are discussing what is CURRENT.

Harry k

Reply to
Harry K

Can't you spell?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

See my reply to LApert. Appears you also can't read.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

wCare to measure just how much heat a fractional horse motor would add? Still comes down to the difference between the cost of the fan and the cost of the compressor - fan wins as long as the house is at a comfort level.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

This can be correct; the typical house in the US has 30% duct leakage. The ones I=92ve measured normally are much higher. So if the return is outside the thermal envelope (only testing can determine this and not visual) and it leaks (guaranteed unless the ducts have been sealed very well) or the supply ducts leak (also guaranteed) running the fan will pull air from the outside into your house. Or the closing of interior doors will make rooms go positive in pressure forcing air to the outside and the space with the return will go negative again this will increase infiltration/ exfiltration.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Energy

OK if you want to nit pick. The humidity level is what it is when the fan turns on. Turning on the fan does not change it. Is that clearer?

So I can run a 'high efficiency" 3 hp motor at "minimum cost'? Wow! Glad to know that. And just how does that 'minimum cost' comapre to a fractional hourse fan motor that is ALSO in a 'high efficiency' system? BTW my system is less than 10 years old and yes it is a high efficiency model. Change out from a system that was probably built back in the 40s.

Well goody for you. Did you somehow miss that *my* house is also comfortable? It works for me and I prefer the comfort given with the fan to listening to the AC give the same comfort at additional cost.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

No problem reading or comprehending here... unlike what's going on in your little planet.

Reply to
KJPRO

A motor can add 1000 + watts (which is heat) to your home. That's HEAT, no matter how you cut it.

Running a compressor REMOVES heat, that's money well spent, if you want to cool your home.

I suggest you get a clue, before you start argueing over matters which you don't understand.

Reply to
KJPRO

Energy to run a motor is heat, no matter what you want to think.

Reply to
KJPRO

Well goody for you. Did you somehow miss that *my* house is also comfortable? It works for me and I prefer the comfort given with the fan to listening to the AC give the same comfort at additional cost.

Harry K ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry, let me ask you a technical question.....

How much dick do you suck in an average day?

a) 1-3

b) 3-5

c) I need to have cum gutters installed on my chin.

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

We sure have the biggest batch of iliderats in this group!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You can say that again. I am used to seeing one or two idiots show up but this is a record catch we have going.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Keep repeating that why don't you? Meanwhile maybe you can point to where I said running a fan _doesn't_ add heat.

You are too lazy to try the experiment - no skin of my ass but why do you enjoy making a fool of yourself in public?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

An another person who is hung up on gay sex. Does it bother you to be that way?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

You can say that again. I am used to seeing one or two idiots show up but this is a record catch we have going.

Harry K

-------------

With guys named Chris and Harry leading the pack...

Reply to
KJPRO

Keep repeating that why don't you? Meanwhile maybe you can point to where I said running a fan _doesn't_ add heat.

You are too lazy to try the experiment - no skin of my ass but why do you enjoy making a fool of yourself in public?

Leaving that up to you, Dumbass!

Reply to
KJPRO

an idiot