Trane central gas furnace question

I have a Trane YCC042 Gas heating and the ignitor wouldn't work so I found the problem to be the thermal fuse was bad. This unit is about 11 years old and hasn't given any past problems. Does anyone know what the usual problem is for this unit to blow the thermal fuse ? I know that excessive heat blows it and it's a safety fuse but what might be the actual cause ?? I didn't see any holes or rust in the burner area.
Joey

What did the Trane technician tell you?

LOL

you're in the alt.hvac group
this is Turtle.
It sure is great to be able to de-grade those customer that would not call you first and not just look it over to see about the problem. I don't share your hatred for these customers but if you like to, Go for it.
TURTLE
whatever it is, the same defect will melt a piece of solder jumper to failure. dirty burners? blocked flue? failed updraft blower? refer to manual.
First of all I didn't know there was a group for just A/C/Heating, that's news to me. I didn't call a Trane serviceman, I replaced the thermal fuse myself but before I did that I took the air compresser and blew out the tubes behind the burner. A little rust came out but very little. After replacing the thermal fuse I let the unit run 20 minutes and watched the four burners with a mirror. They were all burning evenly. The motor was working fine. I've closed it back up but I still wonder WHAT could cause it to get hot enough below the burners to trip that thermal fuse ???? I was hoping a Trane expert might see my post.
Joey
buffalobill wrote:

this is Turtle.
with the Info you give here it just does not give enough info to try to make a guess at best.
I would suggest calling a Local professiona HVAC company and have them check it out.
TURTLE