Trailer value

I have a 16' x 7' flatbed trailer, steel frame, wood planking. It has tandem axles, electric brakes, and is a factory made trailer. 15" wheels, 6 lug. The ramps slide under the back from the sides. It has a spare. It has a battery box with battery for the electric brakes, I assume.
What price range would a trailer like that sell for? It is not cosmetically perfect, it is a '99. It is solid, though, and everything works. I'm just trying to set a value on it in my quest for a larger trailer for my backhoe.
Steve

I bought one a few years ago just like you are describing that had a winch and needed the floor replaced for $1100..

Just like everything else, wouldn't the location, location, location of the item impact it's value?
I'd take it over to my local "trailer store" and ask them to give me both a trade-in value and and private sale value.
Obviously the condition is going to weigh into the value big time, especially if it needs to be inspected (brakes, lights, tires) and will or will not pass as is.

Look on/search CL http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites forsale
Different cities will have them in different classes.
Depending on condition I've seen simlar go between $500 and $1500.
check harbor freight they sell trailers cheap and will limit somewhat yours top price
Oren wrote:

It's likely a breakaway brake. A requirement in many states now.
http://www.etrailer.com/faq-trailer-breakaway-kit-installation.aspx
On 8/2/2012 11:25 AM, Steve B wrote:

usable deck in driving condition. Paint, fresh tires, good deck, bulldog hitch, tongue jack, and weight, spacing, and size of steel undercarriage all can raise the price.
I don't know what size backhoe you are thinking about, but none that I know will work with a 16' trailer. A full size hoe is crowding 27' and 15,000#. You better check the weight rating of the axles, they sound like 5,000# axles. Many trailers only have brakes on one axle and it would be worth pulling a wheel to see the pads.
Back hoe trailers are usually 3 axle or 2 axle with duals. Better check the GVW of your truck, I suspect your way past a 1 ton.
--

Keep the whole world singing . . .