Trader4 was right?? gensets vs. car inverters.....

Page 3 of 3
Existential Angst wrote:

No, I don't want to play the credentials game. What ever gave you that idea? My post was meant to illustrate that the snappy accusation can often backfire.
It's easy, in rhetoric, to pull out the chestnut of "Appeal to Authority." I wasn't doing that. My observation was the opposite, that the "Appeal to Non-Authority" often fails.

You're undeniably, pathologically delusional. Or stated in a mythological (as is your stock-in-trade) manner that you might more easily relate to - as Arthur (Graham Chapman), King of the Britons bid farewll to the Black Knight: "You're a loony! Come on Patsy (Terry Gilliam)".

Delusional Dood:
YOU went from "first college course" to "first EE course" (which isn't usually referred to as "college"), and THEN you went to "first VIDEO EE course".....
I posted two sample EE curriculums from name-brand universities, with none of what you mention anywhere near a "first course".... just WHO is delusional??
PLUS.... and this is the biggie.... You STILL can't show how Thevenin has ANYTHING to do with a diy-er discussion of batteries/inverters.... ANYTHING......
Cuz, well, you just had to name drop..... and "curriculum drop".... and yer fullashit on both counts.
Dude, I don't pretend to really understand Thevenin.... I mean, I passed the course, but fuuuck, so did a lot of other morons. BUT, I know enough to know when some asshole is flapping his 3" dick in front of a slide projector, pretending it's 18", when all's it is is a shadow of a 3" dick.....
Keep flapping, you delusional fuck, keep flapping, with your ersatz literary """style""".... what a fukn sham....
--
EA

Existential Angst wrote:

The nice thing about the "quiet" gensets (Honda, et al) is that they enable you to easily hear your neighbor's "not quiet" gensets.

I was JUST emailing someone on that point!! I just read somewhere -- on a generator website, iirc -- that some home-moaner "associations" ban generators, no doubt for those reasons. As the generator solution becomes more common, it's going to be like an industrial war zone around here, during outages.... and QOL is already near-zero.
--
EA

Hey, remember where I spent my formative youth - in the Granada Hills C.O. generator room drooling at the Genset - Mitsubishi V-16 quad turbo Tugboat engine and a generator head 48" across and long - 750 KW continuous at 277/480V, 1 MW surge. Radiator up on the roof. Four 8D batteries in series/parallel.
GTE/Verizon knows how to build a Generator Room.
Well, except for Sunland where back in the Forties California Water & Telephone had put the fuel tank in the Uphill side of the parking lot way above the generator in the Basement, and in the 70's a fuel supply hose to the Day Tank broke and the resulting siphon action half flooded the basement with #2 Diesel...
They dug a huge crater in the parking lot to get the top of the tank below the floor of the basement - and Sunland is all built on alluvial free-running sand, and true to form it started free-running...
After the rapidly expanding crater chewed up all the asphalt for 60 feet and headed for the property lines, they filled the crater with 50+ truckloads of One-Sack Slurry and let it set, and tried again.
The second time the top layer of Slurry held, but when they got below the plug the sand tried running out from underneath again - Fill it up with slurry again...
The third time (or was it fourth?) the slurry held the last of the sand back long enough to pour a concrete bathtub with 25' walls, and strap down the new fiberglass tank. Topped off with ~16 - 18 feet of pea gravel.
--<< Bruce >>--
"Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)" wrote:

Worst case of Kidney stones, EVER! ;-)
Gunner wrote:

No you didn't

The James Carville "herd of cows" quote is a fabrication, posted on the website thinkexist.com by someone going by thisoneworks. It has no attribution. Just another conservative propagandistic fabrication as far as I can tell. -- James Carville
Gunner wrote:

No you didn't =============================================== Heh, I was wondering about that myself..... I was thinking, Is Gummer confabulating (again), this time *to my very face*???? By golly, I think he WAS!!! Or was he just lying.... again.... LOL!!!
Still, ahm tryna get my room back.... even if it is in a CA hovel....
--
EA

> --
> ""The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have
On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 11:48:31 -0500, "Existential Angst"

Im a Registered Democrat and anything I say, true or false..is believable! Its part of being a Demonrat!!
If you dont believe me..Im calling the SJEU!!!
Gunner
-- ""
On 11/9/2012 2:47 PM, Gunner wrote: -snip-

SJEU ?
http://www.acronymfinder.com/~/search/af.aspx?Acronym=sjeu&Find=find&string=exact
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Sorry..brain fart.
SEIU. THey have really good lawyers! And I get one free! Im a Democrat!!
Gunner
-- ""

Cites?
Power to da Pipples! It its from the mouth of a Democrat, true or not..its Da Truth!!
Its the law!!
Gunner
-- ""
Gunner wrote:

Only a retard would ask for citation for something that didn't happen.

+100!!!! There goes another keyboard..... LOL
--
EA

Cites?
-- ""
Gunner wrote:

http://behavenet.com/mental-retardation

Excellent cite!! Specifically regarding Gummer, -------------------- B. Concurrent deficits or impairments in present adaptive functioning (i.e., the person's effectiveness in meeting the standards expected for his or her age by his or her cultural group) in at least two of the following areas: communication, self-care, home living, social/interpersonal skills, use of community resources, self-direction, functional academic skills, work, leisure, health, and safety.
-------------------------------
I guess confabulation/chronic lying/childish menacing fall under a different diagnostic category.... LOL
--

EA

" snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net" wrote:

Are you beginning to see why most people have killfiled him?

Heh, yeah, but I'll bet this Trader4 prick dudn't flap his dick about his bullshit economics degree, anymore.... Just like that loquacious pompous pretentious fagit Gene, and his bullshit Thevenin's theorem and first college course.... which turned out to be a fuknVIDEO course..... goodgawd.....
Ahm no 'spert, but I got a perty good bullshit meter. You, otoh, just seem to naturally gravitate toward bullshit. Esp. republican bullshit.....
I said from the gitgo Trader4 was right.... I thought that was actually perty funny, have no pro'leng fessing up to it. But that humorless prick just goes for the jugular, each and every time.
AND, he re-writes history. He WAS right, but not for any cogent or well-explained reasons. Yeah, I hadda find out for myself, and what I've found out is really perty inneresting, which I'll detail in another post. He's proly right-er than he even knows! But we'll see, I got more learning-the-hard-way to do.... LOL
Oh, I loved this one:
"Some have to learn the hard way. Keep in mind this is one of the big libs here. His approach to what he thought he knew about inverters, versus what I told him over a month ago, is instructive. This is the libs approach to the economy and ruining the country too. Take some kooky ideas that fly in the face of reality and refuse to listen to those that know better."
First, Trader seems to just object to people who don't take his effing edicts at face value. Second, he just described..... Alan Greenspan!!!!! "But.... but..... but...... but..... I thought the market would regulate ITSELF!!!!!! "
THOUGHT, eh?? Kooky ideas that fly in the face of reality, indeed. Refusing to listen, indeed.....
Another funny thing: You RePube closet cross-dressers seem to equate anti-corruption in gummint with liberalism.... WTF do you come up wit DAT???? Oh, Oh, I get it: RePube corruption is OK, it's the DemoCrap corruption that's reprehensible and the root of all our problems..... Oh, okay......
I think y'all spend much too much time reading the fuknBibble..... after a while, you just make just no sense at all (Gummer being an admittedly extreme example), but you repeat it over and over and over and over and over again.
--
EA