Tracing a sewer line

Page 2 of 2

I'd just dig and fix whatever got hit. It's just PVC. On the other hand, how do you know the toilet is connected to the main septic tank? You might find another tank down there somewhere.
-rev

The Reverend Natural Light wrote:

a blockage in the house septic line last year and it backed up into the shop! It starts out only about six inches below grade at the shop. He wants to dig a new foundation for an outbuilding somewhere north of his shop and doesn't want to reroute any sewer lines. Wants to know where the line is before he starts with the backhoe. Being a retired engineer, I kind of like the rf emitter approach. Being cheap, I like the rod approach if the ground was softer. May try the snake and use a metal detector, rather than the geiger counter idea. My father was a dowser, but I didn't seem to inherit his "gift."
Thanks one and all for your suggestions. I certainly got more than I "paid" for.
--
Grandpa