Toxicity In Chinese Products?

We would like to buy headlamps for our grandchildren, and the ones we have seen have been made in China.

With all the news about dangerous ingredients in Chinese products we have some reservations about the elastic head straps.

I have read about lead in some products.

I have read about phthalates in pliable plastics.

Would plastic straps be something to worry about?

Thanks for your help.

Dwight Gibb

Reply to
Dwight

do your grandkids typically eat the plastic straps on their possessions?

Reply to
charlie

Did you get nailed by the excellent LL Bean commercial on TV, with all the little kids wearing headlamps? :)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Take a look at this woman feet... No she didn't eat her sandals.

Reply to
Noozer

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 10:17:38 -0800, Dwight wrote Re Toxicity In Chinese Products?:

Yes, definitely.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

Gee, havent thought about that. I will ask the parents.

Reply to
Dwight