Toxicity In Chinese Products?

We would like to buy headlamps for our grandchildren, and the ones we have seen have been made in China.
With all the news about dangerous ingredients in Chinese products we have some reservations about the elastic head straps.
I have read about lead in some products.
I have read about phthalates in pliable plastics.
Would plastic straps be something to worry about?
Thanks for your help.
Dwight Gibb

do your grandkids typically eat the plastic straps on their possessions?

http://www.lamanaphotography.com/walmart3.htm
Take a look at this woman feet... No she didn't eat her sandals.
charlie wrote:

Gee, havent thought about that. I will ask the parents.

Did you get nailed by the excellent LL Bean commercial on TV, with all the little kids wearing headlamps? :)
wrote Re Toxicity In Chinese Products?:

Yes, definitely.