Touching up scratches in poly finish wood floor?

Subject pretty much says it all - as careful as am, I've seen a few light scratches in the polyurethane finish on my oak floors, like under the chairs in the dining room. Does anyone have a way of minimizing things like this? I went with a natural finish (no stain) so hopefully that helps.
VMacek
V,
Can't help with the scratches but any hardware store will sell a collection of different furniture glides. I like the felt bottomed ones and find that they minimize scratching.
Dave M.

Usually, a very light sanding (220 grit) and a coat of poly and they are gone. No need to do the entire floor, just the spots.
Check out new furniture glides. They come with felt or a plastic material that moves very easily and does not scratch.
On 13 Sep 2006 05:11:08 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com quickly quoth:

Swipe some lemon oil (nice name for mineral oil) over them. David suggested felt glides, and that's a good idea, too. If the floor is swept very frequently, nylon glides also work well.
- If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates. -------------- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

I've never heard this advice and am interested to know more. I can see how the oil would help conceal scratches, but wouldn't it make the floor slippery, trap dirt, and wear off eventually? Also, wouldn't the oil interfere with an eventual top coat of poly?
On 13 Sep 2006 07:42:33 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "trbo20"

It's a hide, not a fix. You wipe off most of the oil but enough stays in the scratches to hide them, so it's not slippery and doesn't really trap dirt. Yes, it wears off and dries out, but it can be touched up every week in a minute or two...until they get tired of doing that and finally refinish the floor.
And if it interferes with a top-coat, it means that you didn't prep the floor before refinishing. It'll be a "Shame on you!" ;)
- If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates. -------------- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

I've never heard this advice and am interested to know more. I can see how the oil would help conceal scratches, but wouldn't it make the floor slippery, trap dirt, and wear off eventually? Also, wouldn't the oil interfere with an eventual top coat of poly?
Minwax makes a wipe on poly that they claim can be used to fix minor straches on floors. See: http://www.minwax.com/products/protective/wipe-on.cfm
If you try, post your results. I am curious on how well it works.