touch up

Is there any way I can touch up some spot on a oak door frame,I had a painter paint my kitchen and he used some kind of masking tape that left some lighter marks on the wood door frame when he removed the tape,there are about 4-5 areas that are about 4" long,it either removed some of the stain or varnish,I tried to revarnish those areas but doesn't help.Thanks

Reply to
Tony Pacc

You might have to tint the varnish to give it a little color build up coats until it matches. This most likely will be a trial and error. Why doesn't the painter fix it?

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

You can get wax sticks in many different wood colors that you can rub over the area that needs touched up.

Reply to
Food For Thought