Toto UltraMax - SaniGloss Worth The Extra $40

I am now seriously considering the purchase of two Toto UltraMax toilets to replace our older Kohlers. There are two versions of the elongated bowl. One with the SaniGloss glazing and one without. The SaniGloss costs $40 more. Is it worth it? I suspect that it is.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

I just ordered the Toto's. I couldn't get anything but white in the UltraMax with SaniGloss, so I had to settle on the non-SaniGloss. We have to be very careful about what we use to clean toilets as we are on a septic system.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

it's worth it if you can always clean it within their cleaning guidelines if you go dumping tidy-cleaner-acid scouring compound in it you'll scratch and etch the super slick finish and have instantly wasted that $40.

Reply to
bumtracks

We ordered two Toto UltraMax with the soft close seat. We couldn't get the color we wanted (Sedona Beige) in the one with SaniGloss. It only came in Linen. I'm sure we will be happy with our purchase. I tried a Toto at a grocery store the other day and that sucker really flushes. I was impressed.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Reply to
G. J. Anderson

If you are going to get a toto, get the one that has the heated seat and the bunghole wash cycle.

Was I the only one that found their commercial creepy?

Reply to
Matt

Yeah... sure is...!

I gotta think that need for an outlet is probably the toto deal breaker for most people with existing homes. I'm trying to think of a harder place to run an outlet to, and I'd have to say that right next to a toilet has gotta be up there in the top 3 hardest places to get to (in my house anyhow).

Anyway, they were running the commercial on national tv some months back..... there were alot of things that creeped me out. First they open with some guy taking a shower, but instead of soap and water, he was using TP... and it looked like they went to the added step of covering him with.... well, with what TP is used to remove. I guess the marketing folks just couldn't come up with a subtle way of saying "Hey

- you don't use TP to wash your body with, why would you use it to clean your butt?"...... somehow I think they would have been better off leaving the whole analogy out of the commercial.

And then all the interviews with people talking about how much better their life has become since they sat on the thing. Apparantly, it saved at least one marriage, and made another couple the most popular to visit... their guests just 'love' to use the toto. Me, I can handle being known as the guy who makes the best steaks, or maybe has the best AV components. For some reason I don't want to be know as the guy with the electric butt washing machine.

And then finally the demonstration of the thing...... This little arm extends and starts shooting water.... looked pretty damn scary to me.

Reply to
Matt

My daughter said the same thing. :-)

Unfortunately, the seat costs $100 more than the toilet. A lot to keep your seat warm. Of course you would need another electrical outlet for the seat too! Luxury is expensive!

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Actually, there is another one that not only cleans you, but dries you as well. Europeans are much more used to the bidet than we are. I guess that's why we are a little more squeamish about it.

That's the one my daughter really wants because it dries you too! :-)

I am reminded of a trip to Germany that we made in 2001. I was visiting my son on an Air Force base. I needed to use the restroom. When I finished my business, I stood up and the toilet set raised up a couple of inches, a disinfecting lamp turned on, and the toilet set started revolving 360 degrees. The entire seat was washed, dried and disinfected before it went back into place. Really scary the first time it happens. Our tax dollars at work.

Reply to
Dick