TOTO toilet. G-Max or Gravity

Getting ready to remodel the bathroom. Have heard a lot of good things about TOTO from this group.

Drake?

What is the difference between G-Max and Gravity?

Reply to
Brent Bolin

I have three Drake toilets that have been pretty good.

However in the remodeling of a rental, I put in Niagara flapperless toilets.

Reply to
SMS

I don't care about conserving water. Water is cheap. Far more interested in a toilet that never gets clogged.

So my question still is. What is the difference between G-Max and Gravity?

Reply to
Brent Bolin

power flush doesnt clog:) But wakes entire home when anyone flushes:(:(

Reply to
hallerb

Thanks for your reply. I just found this on their website -

G-Max - Commercial and Residential installations This outstanding flush system was designed for high use applications, such as hotels and motels. Featuring high head pressure, this high performance flushing system utilizes a 3" flush valve, and 2-1/8" glazed computer designed trapway, and siphon jet action. Providing a quiet and extra powerful flush toilets featuring the G-Max system are considered as equal to pressure assist systems, without the noise, high cost, and frequent repairs common in pressure assist toilets. We have both one and two piece toilets featuring this system.

It says it's quite. But is it noticeable loader then a plain old gravity unit?

Reply to
Brent Bolin

I have the Drake (I think), can't remember for sure and I don't see it on there anyplace.

It has the gravity flush. It is _very_ effective but is a bit noisier than the one I replaced. I don't see any way around a noisy flush. You can either have quiet and whimpy or a bit noise and effective. Go for the raised hieght one if it is available. I replaced mine because it was so low and both of use are now up there in years. Amazing difference getting up off a reasonable height one.

Also, if there is a spot, put a 'grab bar' within easy reach for assistance in getting up. I don't need it (my wife does) but I use it every time. Nice!!

I see you answered you other question about the g-max. As well as the gravity flush works, I see no need for the g-max.

Another recommendation - use a 'waxless' toilet seal. Makes things much easier and way less messy.

Harry K

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Thanks for your reply. I just found this on their website -

G-Max - Commercial and Residential installations This outstanding flush system was designed for high use applications, such as hotels and motels. Featuring high head pressure, this high performance flushing system utilizes a 3" flush valve, and 2-1/8" glazed computer designed trapway, and siphon jet action. Providing a quiet and extra powerful flush toilets featuring the G-Max system are considered as equal to pressure assist systems, without the noise, high cost, and frequent repairs common in pressure assist toilets. We have both one and two piece toilets featuring this system.

It says it's quite. But is it noticeable loader then a plain old gravity unit?

I have the Toto Ultra one-piece unit, and I haven't used my plunger once since buying it. It doesn't have any of the power assist or G-max thingies, but it works better than my old high-flow toilet, and it's whisper quiet. We're planning on adding two more bathrooms in an addition, and we're going to use the Toto Ultra in both.

Reply to
<h>

The Drake comes in ADA height, it&#39;s a bit more money.

Look at the Chinese building supply stores as they sell the Toto toilets for much less than the high-end plumbing fixture stores.

Hmm, do these seal as well as a wax seal?

Reply to
SMS

In my limited experience and others who I have talked to, yes.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I have two Toto&#39;s, one a G-max. I like the G-max best and it flushes no louder. Both installed by my plumber and the G-max was $100 more. Only problem I had was to replace flapper after a little over a year. The wider opening may make it more susceptible to leakage. Guy at HD sold me wrong flapper but I found parts stocked at Lowes but not HD and replacement easy.

Reply to
Frank