Toto elongated toilet ms854114

Local store has sale on this model. Is it any good? The seat has a damper mechanism to prevent it from slamming it in the middle on the night. Are replacement parts, including the seat, generic or has to be from Toto?

Reply to
# Fred #

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 15:56:31 -0800, "# Fred #" put together some random words that came up with:

Toto toilets aren't good. The are great toilets. The trap openings are = larger than conventional toilets and they are really hard to clog up. Plus they= are fairly trouble free. I think the parts are Toto specific, but most = plumbing supply houses carry Toto parts. I have some Toto toilets for 8 years and= the only thing I have had to replace is the flapper valve. I went to the = local plumbing supply and got a new one. Their flappers are larger then = regular flappers, so a Home Depot special probably won't work.

I can't figure, though, why anyone would name a toilet after Dorothy's = dog.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Toto's are fantastic! What is the sale price? I paid $350 for mine last summer and that was one of the cheapest in the line.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Toto toilets are excellent. The slow closing seat is replacable off the shelf.

Cheers Dale

Reply to
Whomever

They're fantastic at flushing at the low 1.6 gal rate. But I have a new Toto 854114 (3 weeks old) now on its second defective fill valve. The original fill valve did not turn off completely and the tank would gradually fill to the overflow tube in a period of a half hour. A replacement valve sent by Toto worked for several days and is now exhibiting the same symptoms. THis is the "new and improved" valve type, identified by the presence of a water level adjusting screw on the top. I am about to replace it with a Korky "Fits Toto" valve, which is the valve Toto has used for years up to recently and see what happens.

-=Art=-

Reply to
Arthur