Torro Mower Deck

I have an older Torro 8-32 rider with a problem with the mower deck. When engaging the deck it requires a lot of force to move into position. I can live with this condition, but now there is a new issue. Now the deck will not fully disengage. The control moves as it always has done, but the deck is not moving as it should. I looked it over and I see nothing unusual
Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks
On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 03:16:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@suddenlink.net (John Normile) wrote:

Lubrication. Oil or grease everything related, unless you think it shouldn't be. I don't know if that's it, but I can't see it from here, and it's the most likely.
On Mar 27, 10:16 pm, snipped-for-privacy@suddenlink.net (John Normile) wrote:

how does the control move the deck, is there a direct piece of metal involved. or a cable, or what???