Toro vs Toro

Am deciding between the recycler and superrecycler.

deck.
R has less powerful and stamped steel deck... however has 22" cut... SR only has 21"
Now before you "real men" out there insist on the most powerful engine and deck that will last for 40 years... consider my situation:
I live on midsized suburban lot, cut every other week in spring & fall... once a week in heavy growing season.. am not mowing any heavy terrain... just lawn.
with those parameters... it seems the bigger, stronger, more powerful unit would be overkill... and I will be fine with the Recycler... and save the extra bucks. Both have the personal pace, which is a real plus for me.. as I hate matching my speed to the mower..
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The SR also has the Briggs engine, instead of the Tecumseh. Some folks don't like Tecumseh engines (personally, I think it's all tweedledum vs. tweedledee at the consumer level, but I don't have hard reliability data to back it up).
IMHO, the SR is the better mower, but for a typical suburban lot it's not worth half again (roughly $175) the price of the R mowers. When you're only putting ~40 hours a year on a engine, longevity is going to be determined more by yearly maintenance than basic mower quality (IME, anywho).
Andy Hill wrote:

Hi, Little off topic but I love John Deere mower with kawasaki engine. Tony

I got a recycler used a couple years ago. It does the job fine on 2 lots totaling 25000 square feet. The "personal pace" feature is great.
Bob
I would say that's all the more reason to buy the aluminum deck. With proper care, most lawnmower engines outlast the rest of the mower - it's the deck rusting out that kills them. Granted, the Toro is heavier steel than the cheaper ones and will last a long time, but the aluminum deck will last forever.
You'll love the personal pace feature.

I just purchased a Personal Pace SR. At this point I think it's one of the best mowers I've ever used. It'll be interesting if I feel this way at the end of the season.