Toro traction not working

I have a Toro with RWD it's 6 years old. Traction does not work I changed the belt and the drive cable. If I lift up the mower while it's running the rear wheels spin like crazy but when I put it down nothing?

Reply to
Art

Is it one of the Toros with a hydraulic drive? What is the exact model?

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Lose a couple hundred pounds. Fat asses like you need more than a Toro.

Reply to
Kyle

replying to Stormin' Norman, Art wrote: Hi, it's a 20334 rear wheel drive.

Reply to
Art

... from this website ...

" It seems like you may need to adjust your traction cable. You can watch our short How-To videos on how to adjust your traction cable at

See your owner's manual for more details."

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Is this a self-propelled lawn mower or a garden tractor?

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

" Includes Just Check & Add feature - no oil changes for the life of the engine."

John T.

Reply to
hubops

If this is the correct mower and if adjusting the traction cable doesn't solve the issue, I would check the belt pulley attached to the transmission input shaft. I would make sure that pulley is firmly secured in place and not spinning on the shaft.

Please, let us know what you discover.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

They probably figure most people never change the oil anyway. ;-)

I also wonder what the warranty is on the engine? That is probably the period they consider to be the life of the engine........ guess that sounds pretty skeptical huh?

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

That's one of those that sets it's speed to your pace, right? I think they are a little more complex than the fixed-ratio drive mower but I haven't looked into them.

Reply to
clare