Toro Snowblower 38195

I've got a fairly old Toro single stage snow blower. Runs nicely, but the belt is shot. The snow blower is model 38195.
The size is 2L-340. The number on the belt looks like 71-5387.
I did a Google search, can't find anything. Any ideas how to get one of these?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

If the Toro serial number is between 0000001 and 2999999, the Gates belt number is 6735 If the serial number is between 3900001 and 6999999, the Gates belt number is 6588BR Look in the Yellow Pages for an authorized Toro repair shop in your area. They should be able to help with the belt. A lot of these belts are the same as are used on automobiles. If you are unsuccessful with the Toro repair shop, you might try AutoZone, Advance, or some other auto supply store. Bring the old one with you. If they don't have the exact belt, they can measure the belt and find a belt that is the same, or close to, the proper belt size. BTW, I'm not a snowblower repairman. I found your belt number from the Gates Part Locator site: http://www.gates.com/part_locator/index.cfm?go=part_locator&location_id002
The size is 2L-340. The number on the belt looks like 71-5387.
I did a Google search, can't find anything. Any ideas how to get one of these?
And when I get one, how to get the belt on. I got another belt, and that one didn't run. The belt came twisted into a little bag. I got it on, but it jammed right up. Then in wore a narrow spot on the belt, and it tends to stop at the narrow spot.
This isn't looking good.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I've had good luck with parts from these folks- http://www.rcpw.com/Oem_Search.htm
Price is right and shipping is fast.
Jim
Visit us on the web at www.sepw.com for online ordering and full parts lists!!
We accept all major credit cards.
Thanks. I did find another place. But I'll send your post to myself, and try them next.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus