Toro Powermax Snowblower vs?

I was wondering if anyone has a Toro snowblower and is the new Powermax system hype or worth the money to keep the snowblower from clogging. Is clogging a big problem with snowblowers? I bought a 7.5 HP Troybuilt (paid 799.00) but am seriously thinking of returning it for the Toro. The Toro is running about 900.00 -1k for an 8hp machine. Also, I can get a Huskavan 8.5 HP for around 1k too?
Advice needed.
Thanks
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:17:54 GMT, "Houseslave"

A two stage blower (impeller in the chute) does not have much of a problem. With the new "open" chutes, it's even less. The problems come up when you have wet slush.
I bought a 7.5 HP Troybuilt (paid

This has been discussed here before. The Troybuilt is an MTD as they were bought out a year or so ago. MTD is crap, MHO. Buy a Toro, or a Deere, of a Husky if you like. Something other than MTD. Snowblowers last 25 years, you'll get your money's worth.

http://www.whatsthebest-lawnmower.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl
Hi,
I did more investigation and checked out the new Toro PowerMax unit. The blower is all plastic. Plastic handles, and small springs that look like they would rust up and stop working real soon. The Ariens are built better, in my opinion, but the Husqvarna has them all beat in quality. They use linkage instead of cables for the drive/auger controls and seem to be a made to a commercial standard. I know Ariens has commercial units but they are substantially more. I wasn't too impressed with the Ariens in HD. Any opinion. I have to decide today whether or not to keep my Troybilt 7.5 HP 799.99 or spend another 260.00 for a 10hp Husky? I can get the Husq for 1099.00 delivered.