Torginal

Does anyone remember Torginal? It was a liquid flooring they used in the 60's. I was used on floors, countertops and anywhere else you wanted. The floor was coated with a clear coating similar to epoxy. Then colored flakes were sprinkled over. After that, several layers of clear liquid were poured over the top. It made a nice looking floor, but the odor was extremely toxic and flammable. Ventilation was mandatory, and when installed in cold weather that was a problem with all the windows full of fans.

Do they still use this stuff?

Reply to
anoldfart2

We had that in our kitchen when I was a kid. Probably late 50's when it was done. I've not seen it in years though.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote

It's got an "o" in it, instead of an "a". Peterson Chemical Corporation, now Torginol, Inc.

And from

- We called the folks at Peterson Chemical for an update on Torginal.

- We were advised that it is still in wide use throughout the country,

- but because of the high solvent vapor emissions it generates, Torginal

- is no longer approved for use in California. Furthermore, we are told

- that Peterson Chemical is reluctant to sell their product to lay persons,

- and prefers to give such callers the phone number of a licensee from

- among their national network of installers.

Reply to
MasterBlaster