Torginal

Does anyone remember Torginal? It was a liquid flooring they used in the 60's. I was used on floors, countertops and anywhere else you wanted. The floor was coated with a clear coating similar to epoxy. Then colored flakes were sprinkled over. After that, several layers of clear liquid were poured over the top. It made a nice looking floor, but the odor was extremely toxic and flammable. Ventilation was mandatory, and when installed in cold weather that was a problem with all the windows full of fans.
Do they still use this stuff?
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

We had that in our kitchen when I was a kid. Probably late 50's when it was done. I've not seen it in years though.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

It's got an "o" in it, instead of an "a". Peterson Chemical Corporation, now Torginol, Inc. http://www.torginol.com /
And from http://www.onthehouse.com/qa/202 ....
- We called the folks at Peterson Chemical for an update on Torginal. - We were advised that it is still in wide use throughout the country, - but because of the high solvent vapor emissions it generates, Torginal - is no longer approved for use in California. Furthermore, we are told - that Peterson Chemical is reluctant to sell their product to lay persons, - and prefers to give such callers the phone number of a licensee from - among their national network of installers.