Top-notch OSB vs. Plywood

My builder wants to use Lousiana Pacific Top-notch OSB for the subflooring in our new house. I haven't heard much about the product, can anyone shed some light (pros/cons) to using it? Thanks!
Top Notch is a premium OSB subflooring. I have alternated between Advantec and Top Notch for the past couple of years. Personally, I prefer the Top Notch product. It is very heavy, dense, and stiff. It has drainage notches in the tongue so water cannot stand on the floor during construction. And it won't need to be sanded prior to the installation of finish flooring.
Oh, by the way, it costs a lot more than plywood...
Shannon Pate

Is it common to sand the OSB before laying the finished floor?

No, it isn't common to sand the Top Notch or Advantech lines of subflooring. But we regularly sanded seams of regular tounge and groove plywood.
Shannon Pate

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 20:07:13 GMT, "calhoun"

later,
tom @ www.URLBee.com
we use Advantec 3/4 t&G for subfloors. It stands up to weather much better than ply. do it go. do it.
TN wrote:

<< My builder wants to use Lousiana Pacific Top-notch OSB for the subflooring in our new house. I haven't heard much about the product, can anyone shed some light (pros/cons) to using it? >>
The people that build with it don't have to live with it. OSB is still resin and wood scrap. For putting down a quality hardwood floor, IMHO nothing beats plywood. Before plywood the old fashioned way was diagonally laid tongue and groove boards, Haven't seen that anywhere for years except in old houses. Sheathing was done that way , too, in the better structures. Durability is not a very high priority these days...
Joe
On 08 Jan 2005 16:24:44 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comtosspam (Joe Bobst) scribbled this interesting note:

Agreed.